Vegetable CSA Family Program
CSA is an abbreviation for Community Supported Agriculture. It is a mode of support for small farms through which the community buys fresh food directly from their farmer. Each CSA is slightly different to match the production of foods from each farm.
Our CSA is currently a vegetable CSA with weekly pickups scheduled for Monday afternoons from 4-7 PM. There are three different size shares available and a registration is required. Openings in the program may have limited availability. We are a small farm and currently serve approximately 25-30 families including ourselves.
Click on the Kinsman Farm CSA pdf icon to the left for much more detailed information in pdf brochure form.
CSA pickups normally begin at the end of May and continue through September/October, (20 weeks in total). We focus on well-known vegetables and also introduce a few unique ones. Volume and varieties vary with seasons but you may receive a variety each season:
· Early Spring will be low volume: lettuce, spinach, radishes, spring onions, bok choi, peas, herbs, asparagus, rhubarb, baby turnips, kale, mizuna, swiss chard
· Late Spring: peas, carrots, summer squash, green beans, lettuce, spinach, radishes, kale, onions, herbs
· Summer: sweet corn, green beans, kohlrabi, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, peppers, beets, potatoes, cabbage, broccoli, zucchini, celery, garlic, herbs
· Late summer: tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, muskmelons, peppers, cabbage, broccoli, green beans, lettuce, sweet corn, onions, watermelons, eggplant, kale, herbs
· Fall: winter squash, potatoes, onions, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, lettuce, peppers, eggplant, kale, spinach, beets, radishes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin.
All vegetables are grown with organic methods and hand-harvested for the highest quality possible. However, we are not certified organic.